Bacon and Egg Fried Rice with Peas and Carrots is a good dish to make to make your meal more exciting. This can be consumed either as a meal in itself for breakfast, or for lunch along with either pork menudo or chicken with broccoli.
I featured a similar fried rice recipe called Spam fried rice a few weeks ago. This dish was inspired by that recipe, but this is even tastier because you can savor the bacon all the time. You can’t go wrong with bacon, even in fried rice.
I had this dish for breakfast today. It was delicious. I could have had it all by itself as a meal, but my husband made extra fried eggs, so I had to eat this with a piece of sunny side up egg. I think that the egg was a bonus which gave me the reason to use Tabasco sauce for breakfast. I’m not sure if you can relate, but do you also use hot sauce as a condiment to fried egg?
Try this Bacon and Egg Fried Rice with Peas and Carrots Recipe. Let me know what you think.
Bacon and Egg Fried Rice with Peas and Carrots
- 4 cups cooked white rice preferably leftover
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup frozen green peas
- ¾ cup frozen carrots
- 6 strips bacon chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Separate the clumps of rice with a spoon or you can dampen your hands and gently mash until the clumps break and rice gets separated. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a wide frying pan on a stove top. Add the chopped bacon. Continue to cook in medium heat while stirring the bacon once in a while until bacon oil is extracted and the bacon gets somewhat crispy.
- If there is too much bacon oil, scoop some of it until about ¼ cup is left. Push the bacon on one end of the pot and then crack the eggs open on the other side of the pan. Using your ladle, quickly stir the eggs until it gets scrambled. Continue to cook until the eggs are done.
- Add the rice. Stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, green peas, ground black pepper, and onion powder. Continue to stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with your favorite dish.