Spam Fried Rice was a hit for my son and husband. I was thinking of cooking fried rice since we had a few cups of leftover rice in the fridge. There were also frozen veggies sitting in the freezer. I was still looking around for other possible ingredients when I saw a can of Spam lite in the pantry. I knew what needed to be done.
I got the idea on how to cook the fried rice this way from our local Hibachi restaurant. The chef uses butter and soy sauce to cook the rice. I liked how it tastes so I tried to mimic the ingredients and steps. I had the Spam added in the fried rice to make it a meal. It was a complete lunch package.
This dish can also be cooked for dinner. You can put it in a box and eat it from there. Pretend that it is a Chinese take out Friday.
Have fun cooking!
Spam Fried Rice
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 1 can 12 ounce Spam Lite, sliced into small cubes
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 medium carrot cubed
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 3/4 cup chopped frozen green beans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Cook the Spam cubes for 2 minutes in medium heat.
- Push the cubes on the side to make room. Pour the beaten eggs on the open spot. Cook one side until done and then flip to cook the other side. Cut into small pieces on the pan by running over the tip of the spatula.
- Add carrot, green beans, green peas. Stir. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked white rice. Stir-fry for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Pour soy sauce on top. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.