I like having burger with egg for breakfast. Keto Shrimp and Pork Burger with Fried Egg is one good example of a similar dish that I like most because it is delicious and easy to make. In addition, this dish is also friendly to people who are in the Ketogenic diet.
I like putting a twist to my burgers. This specific recipe has a bit of Asian flavor because I added Sesame oil. The recipe below indicates this to be an optional ingredient. Feel free to make your Keto Shrimp and Pork Burger patties based on your preference.
Another note to pay attention to is the use of butter and oil for frying. I used butter to make my burgers taste rich and somewhat creamy. However, butter should not be used alone when frying because it has a low smoke point level. This means that it burns quicker compared to other oils. This can be remedied by adding an oil along with it to extend it smoke point. This is the reason why the recipe suggests to combine either avocado oil or canola oil with butter. By the way, did you know that avocado oil has a higher smoke point compared to peanut oil. We are talking about ~570 Fahrenheit compared to ~450 Fahrenheit. Interesting, isn’t it?
Try this Keto Shrimp and Pork Burger with Fried Egg Recipe. Enjoy!
Keto Shrimp and Pork Burger with Egg
- 2 pieces eggs fried
Ketogenic burger ingredients
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 6 pieces medium raw shrimp chopped
- 1 piece egg raw
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil optional, add only for that Asian twist
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or canola oil for frying
- Prepare the keto burger by combining all the Ketogenic burger ingredients in a bowl. (except the butter and oil for frying) Mix well until all ingredients are well blended.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the mixture and roll into a ball. Perform this step until all of the mixture are consumed.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add avocado oil or canola oil. Put 2 pieces of meatballs into the pan. Press each pieces gently using a spatula until it flattens and shapes like a patty. Cook in low to medium heat for 4 minutes. Turn the burger patty over to cook the opposite site. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and put in a plate. Serve with fried egg.
Leave a Reply