Chickpea Salad is a cold salad dish made from garbanzo or chickpea, along with tomato, black olives, and other yummy and healthy ingredients. This dish is high in protein and it contains nutrients that are good for your body.
It looks colorful and pretty to the eyes. As good as it appears, chickpea salad is also tasty. It can be enough for a light lunch or snack; it will satisfy your appetite and will make your taste buds happy.
How to Make Chickpea Salad
Preparing chickpea salad do not require any cooking; all you have to do is get all the ingredients ready and combine everything in a bowl, and mix.
Start by washing the canned chickpeas. Let the water drip and then arrange it in a mixing bowl. Chop the onion, garlic, scallions (this is also known as green onions), flat leaf parsley, and black olives. Add all of these in the mixing bowl where the chickpeas are and then add the sun-dried tomato. You will save time if you buy the ones that were already sliced into strips because you just need to scoop these directly from the bottle and add in your salad. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
You might have your own way of preparing chickpea salad. It will be great if you can share it to everyone so that there will be more options. Bon ap·pé·tit!
Watch the Video on How to Make Chickpea Salad
- 1 can 15 oz. chickpeas
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 stalks scallions chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup bottled sun dried tomato strips
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Wash the chickpeas with running water. Let the water drip and then place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the onion, scallions, sun dried tomato, and parsley. Fold to mix all the ingredients.
- Add the lemon, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Continue to mix until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Place inside the fridge. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Serve cold. enjoy!