Start your day with this yummy strawberry french toast. This recipe is simple and around 10 minutes to complete. All you will need are fresh strawberries, maple syrup, and a few slices of bread. Almost any kind of bread can be used to make this French toast. I made use of Italian bread.
How to Make Strawberry French Toast
Start by preparing the egg mixture. Combine the egg, nutmeg, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and milk in a large bowl and then whisk until well blended. Set this aside and prepare the bread slices.
Heat a pan. A non-stick pan will work best. Dip a slice of bread in the egg mixture and let it absorb the liquid. Place it in the pan to cook until one side turns golden brown and turn it over and do the same to the other side. Continue to perform the same steps until all the breads are consumed.
Pour maple syrup over the French toast and top with fresh strawberries. Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. Enjoy!
Strawberry French Toast
- 4 sliced of bread
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon confectioners sugar also called powdered sugar
- 10 pieces fresh strawberries sliced
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Crack the eggs in a bowl. Whisk.
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and milk. Continue to whisk until all ingredients are well blended.
- Dip the bread in the mixture.
- Heat a pan and then cook each side of the bread until the color turns golden brown.
- Arrange the french toast in a plate. Pour maple syrup and then top with fresh strawberries and powdered sugar.
Leave a Reply