As I was walking around the supermarket to get some milk and eggs, I noticed that the pork loins were on sale today. Of course, I won’t let it pass. So here I am with this delicious roasted pork loin with potato and carrots. It is a complete meal, which everyone in my family enjoyed with some Worcestershire sauce. Today is a win for me; I save money on food and made my family happy.
Pork loins are easy and quick to roast. However, make sure that give enough time for the meat to absorb the flavors from the rub that you applied. In order to do this, after rubbing the meat, let it rest for at least 15 minutes before putting it in the oven.
I always do 400F when roasting meats. The roasting time matters with the size and weight of the pork. A good practice that I have been following lately is the use of a meat thermometer. This is a foolproof way to check if the meat is completely cooked. For this recipe, make sure that internal temperature of the pork reaches 140F before you take it out of the oven.
As for the potato and carrot, I made sure to clean these thoroughly in running water while brushing it well. The skins were not peeled because these are good sources of vitamins. These were tossed with the chopped onion, salt, pepper, and olive oil. I had this sit on a separate baking tray, but it was roasted at the same time with the pork. I had my meal done after roasting for around ~ 35 minutes in the oven.
So as I mentioned, everyone loved it with a bit of Worcestershire sauce. However, my husband (Vanjo) added some beef gravy with it. If you are following his blog (panlasangpinoy.com), you should know how he tries to make good dishes taste even better. I think that having beef gravy mixed with half a teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce made a big difference. It was yummier.
Roasted Pork Loin with Potato and Carrots
- 3 lbs. pork loin
- 2 large baking potato cubed
- 1 large carrot cubed
- 1 large red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all the pork rub ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Rub the pork with the mixed rub ingredients. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine potato, carrot, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Toss until the ingredients are well blended.
- Arrange the pork loin in a roasting rack. Spread the vegetables on a small baking tray. Put the pork loin in the oven along with the vegetable tray. Roast the pork for 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 140F.
- Remove the pork and vegetables from the oven. Let the meat rest for 10 minutes.
- Arrange the pork in a large dish and serve with roasted potato and carrots.
Marcia Stone says
What an easy way to make roasted pork and potato. Sometimes adding a piece of sliced apple with the veggies is enough to not use any sauce. However, gravy with the W sauce sounds yum.