Oven Baked Salmon with Quinoa Roasted Pecan and Snap Peas is a healthy meal that can be served during dinnertime. Although this recipe is intended for one person, I think that it can be shared by two people because of its generous amount. I had to share half of it with my husband and we both enjoyed it with a glass of chardonnay for each of us.
You may use any type of quinoa for this recipe. I chose the white variety for this one. Quinoa is easy to cook, if you need some guidance, this post on How to Cook Quinoa that Vanjo shared on his blog might be of help.
Being Asian, I am used to eat rice everyday. Quinoa is somewhat similar to rice, in my opinion. I enjoyed it the same level as I should have if rice is on the plate. The salmon was baked perfectly and it was full of delicious flavors which satisfied my tastebuds. I also liked how the pecan and snap peas provided that nice texture. Overall, this was a wonderful dinner experience.
This reminds me of a yummy Asian dish that my family enjoys. It is a simple grilled salmon dish with white rice and ponzu dip. I will make one soon and post the recipe so that you can see what I am talking about. It is simple, yet delish.
Enjoy this Oven Baked Salmon with Quinoa Roasted Pecan and Snap Peas. Cheers!
Oven Baked Salmon with Quinoa Roasted Pecan and Snap Peas
- 3 ounces salmon steak
- 12 to 15 pieces snap peas
- 1/4 cup sliced pecans
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups quinoa cooked
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon tine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Combine all the rub ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Rub the salmon with the mixed rub ingredients. Let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Place the salmon in a greased baking tray and then bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cook down.
- Meanwhile toss snap peas, olive oil, and pecan in a bowl. Arrange on a baking tray. Roast in the same oven at 400F 5 to 8 minutes.
- Arrange the quinoa on a plate and then put the roasted snap peas and pecan on the side. Top with baked salmon.