I love to have my oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with a glass of cold fresh milk. It gives me comfort and provides a feeling of nostalgia. I can suddenly see what it was when I was a child trying to help mom bake cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve.
These yummy treats were made using old-fashioned oats. I have to Google the description to understand it better. It seems that these are also called rolled oats. It is flat and has imperfect oval in shape. It is fascinating to learn the difference between the different types of oats. Now I know how this is different from steel-cut oats and quick oats –interesting.
I am drawn to dark chocolate. These oatmeal chocolate chip cookies gave me the chance to use some the remaining dark chocolate chips that I had from last week. These were 60% Cacao. It is bittersweet with an intense rich chocolate flavor.
Give this Yummy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies a try today. Have fun!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 60% Cacao bitter sweet chocolate chips
- 2 ½ cups Quaker old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Use a wire whisk to mix the ingredients.
- Beat the butter and both sugars in a separate bowl using a stand mixer or hand blender. Add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Gradually add the flour mixture. Continue to beat the entire mixture until all are incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of mixture and drop in a cookie sheet. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and arrange in a wire rack to cool down.
Leave a Reply