Our Beef Chimichurri dinner is a winner. Everyone loved it and I got high fives from the entire family. This might not be a speedy recipe as far as cooking time is concerned. It can be a speedy dish, on the other hand, because it was quick to disappear from the table. The baguette that we ate this with was also gone in an instant.
The beef was marinated for 3 hours. This is the minimum time required to allow the marinade to be absorbed by the meat. I like how all the flavors play together. The chimichurri marinade is so good.
Beef Chimichurri is ideal with baguette. I slice the beef into thin pieces and top it over a slice of baguette. I finish it by spreading some chimichurri sauce on top of the meat.
I hope that this post inspires you to make Beef Chimichurri one of these days. Cheers!
Beef Chimichurri Recipe
- 1 ½ lb. beef top round
- 8 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- ½ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Mix well. Set aside ¼ of the marinade mixture.
- Place the top round steak and pour the marinade in a re-sealable bag. Let the air out and then seal. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Heat-up the grill to 320F. Start to grill one side of the top round for 16 minutes while basting using the marinade. Continue to grill the other sides for the same time. Note: The cooking time is based on a 4-inch thick top round. Try to make your steak cut thinner for it to cook quicker.
- Remove the beef from the grill. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice and top with the reserved marinade (this is the ¼ cup mixture that was set aside on step 1).
- Enjoy with sliced of baguette.