I like to have shrimp as an appetizer. It will even be better if it is wrapped in bacon. However, I felt that it can be elevated at least one level more by adding some sort of stuffing. Presenting this yummy Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Cream Cheese Stuffing.
I think that this is perfect with a glass of Chardonnay. This is just wishful thinking though, but I enjoyed it with a cold glass of raspberry iced tea. To me, this shrimp appetizer is what envisioned in terms of taste. There is no salt involved. The bacon provides the salty flavor that blended well with the sweet and mild taste of the shrimp. The stuffing gave it that rich and somewhat spicy taste that I really loved.
If you want to have this as your main dish, it can be paired with salad. It can go well with couscous salad.
Give this Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Cream Cheese Stuffing a try. Please send me your feedback. Thanks!
Bacon Wrapped Shrimp with Cream Cheese Stuffing
- 5 pieces large shrimp deveined and shell removed
- 3 pieces bacon strips
Cream cheese stuffing
- 6 tablespoons cup cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped chive
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- a dash of cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon bread crumbs optional
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare the cream cheese stuffing by combining all the stuffing ingredients in a bowl. Mix well until all the ingredients are well blended. Set aside.
- Partially cook the bacon in the microwave. Do this by placing the bacon strips in a plate and cover it with another plate. Microwave for 2 minutes. Make sure that the bacon is still pliable (flexible).
- Create a slit in the middle of the shrimp lengthwise. Stuff it with enough cream cheese stuffing. Wrap half of the bacon per shrimp and secure using a toothpick.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Arrange in a serving plate.
Leave a Reply