Sloppy Ham Cheese and Egg Waffle Sandwich is my idea on how to start my day by eating like a king while enjoying every bite of my food. Sure, I can make myself a sloppy Joe, or probably a simple ham and cheese sandwich. In fact, I almost opted for plain waffles with maple syrup. However, I got a little crazy so I combined every breakfast idea that I had – and here it is.
Store bought frozen waffles to speed up the process. I only needed to fry the eggs (I used 2 eggs because I was that hungry 🙂 ) and cook the marinara sauce. It was fun making the waffle sandwich and I even had a great time eating it. Man, it was sloppy in a nice way. It is also very tasty. I am making more of this in the future especially during days when I will need extra energy. It is past lunchtime already, but I still feel full.
I like how all the flavors got together. It was really good. This was the same experienced that I had when I tried the Turkey bacon and avocado grilled cheese sandwich. So Yummy!
However, this is not for people who are trying to cut on calories. You might consider trying half of the sandwich on your cheat day. You can always be a good friend by sharing the other half to someone else.
I think that this is not a bad idea after all.
Sloppy Ham Cheese and Egg Waffle Sandwich
- 3 pieces waffles
- 1 cup marinara sauce with basil bottled
- 1 thick slice of ham
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup ground beef or pork optional
- 2 singles American cheese
- 1 small shallot minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick pan. Once the oil gets hot, fry the eggs based on your preference one at a time. Remove the eggs and put in a clean plate. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sloppy marinara sauce by sautéing the shallot in the remaining oil. Add a tablespoon more oil if needed.
- Add the ground meat. Continue to cook until it browns. Pour the marinara sauce. Let boil, adjust the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Arrange the sloppy ham cheese and egg waffle sandwich by laying a piece of waffle in a clean plate. Top with cheese and a piece of egg. Put a piece of waffle on top. Add a layer of ham, egg, and cheese. Pour half of the marinara sauce. Top with the remaining waffle.
- Serve with the remaining sauce on a bowl. You can dunk the sandwich in it or pour it over to make it sloppier. Enjoy
Leave a Reply