Lechon Paksiw Recipe
This is a recipe for Lechon paksiw.
- 2 lbs. leftover lechon spit roasted pig or lechon kawali
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 5 pieces dried bay leaves
- 2 cups beef broth
- 11 ounces lechon sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated white sugar
- 4 tablespoons white vinegar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Salt to taste
Heat oil in a pot
Saute garlic and onion until soft.
Add the peppercorns and bay leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
Add the lechon. Stir and continue to cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Pour the lechon sauce and beef broth. Let boil. Cover and cook in low heat for 30 minutes or until the liquid reduces in half. Note: add more beef broth or water if the sauce starts to get dry.
Pour the vinegar. Let the sauce boil. Stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
Add sugar. Sprinkle some salt.
Serve with warm white rice. Enjoy!