Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
This is a recipe for Biscuits and Sausage Gravy
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 1 lb. frozen biscuit dough
- 1 lb. regular pork sausage I used Jimmy Deans
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 to 2 3/4 cups fresh whole milk
- A dash of ground black pepper optional
Bake the biscuits as indicated in the package instructions. Let it cool down and arrange in a plate.
Prepare the sausage gravy by browning the pork sausage in a pan. Add the cruched pepper and then cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add flour and ground black pepper. Stir. Make sure that all ingredients are well blended.
Pour the milk and let boil. Continue to cook in low to medium heat while constantly stirring until the desired texture is achieved.
Top the sausage gravy over the warm biscuits.