Oxtail Kare-kare Peanut Stew Recipe
This is a recipe for Filipino Kare-kare Ox Tail Peanut Stew
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
- 2 lbs. oxtail pressure cooked for 30 minutes
- ½ cup ground peanuts
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup annatto seeds diluted in ½ cup warm water
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 medium onion minced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed and minced
- 1 tablespoon glutinous rice powder
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 sliced Chinese eggplant steamed
- 1 bunch bok choy steamed
- 1 bunch string beans cut into short pieces steamed
- ½ cup shrimp paste bagoong, cooked
Heat oil in a pot.
Saute garlic and onion.
Add the cooked ox tail. Cook for 2 minutes.
Pour the beef broth into the pot. Let boil.
Add the peanuts, peanut butter, and water where the annatto seeds were soaked. Stir. Cover and continue to cook in medium heat for 30 minutes or until the liquid reduces to half.
Sprinkle the glutinous rice powder. Stir well until the powder dilutes in the sauce. Cook until the peanut sauce gets thick according to your preference.
Arrange in a serving bowl. Top with steamed vegetables and serve with shrimp paste. Enjoy!