I made this baked cream cheese spaghetti for dinner last night. My son loves to eat pasta and he deserves to be pampered after spending countless hours studying for his final exams. It seemed that he liked it because he finished two hefty servings and cleaned-up the leftover for breakfast today.
Making baked cream cheese spaghetti is simple. I used store bought spaghetti sauce for this recipe. These are the bottled types that come in different varieties. I had the traditional spaghetti sauce for this recipe. The good thing about making dishes such as this is that you get to choose the variety of spaghetti sauce that you like best such as the four cheese, roasted garlic, or the meaty.
I know that most of you have cooked quick and simple spaghetti using the same method, so this should not be new to you. The only thing different about this recipe is the addition of cream cheese. If you have not tried having cream cheese in your spaghetti sauce, I invite you to give it a shot. It makes the sauce thicker and creamier – and since it is already cheese, there is no need to finish your pasta with grated cheese on top.
The baking part for this recipe is optional. The cream cheese spaghetti should be good even if there is no baking involved. It will also save you a little bit of time. However, similar to what Vanjo did to his baked ziti, quickly baking your cream cheese spaghetti will put a good texture into it. Don’t forget to top it with more sauce before baking. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. spaghetti
- 24 oz. spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, minced
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- Cook the spaghetti according to package instructions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot and then add the ground beef. Cook until brown.
- Add the onion and Italian seasoning. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Pour the spaghetti sauce into the pot. Stir and let boil. Cook between low and medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Add the cream cheese. Stir until it well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 320F.
- Combine spaghetti and sauce in a large bowl. Add half of the parsley. Toss to blend. Make sure that the spaghetti is coated with sauce.
- Arrange in a baking tray and top with remaining parsley. Bake fake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve.