This is a recipe for Clam and Scallop Pasta with Tomato in Creamy Wine Sauce. This is a rich and tasty dish that I can eat everyday (although I am more of a meat lover and will likely choose pasta with sausage over most seafoods) . However, this pasta is an exception because has the two seafoods that I enjoy eating: clams and bay scallops. I thought that the creamy wine sauce complimented the rest of the ingredients. It was yummy even though there is no red meat in it.
I used a frozen pack of cooked clams. It had to be thawed before cooking. The scallops were fresh from my local supermarket. I also got a bottle of clam juice for the sauce. It helps a lot in making the sauce tasty. If you want the sauce to be tastier, I suggest that you use a can of chopped clams in addition to the ingredients provided below.
The grape tomatoes are a must for this dish because it provides that nice sweet tomato taste which blends well with the rest of the ingredients. You may also like to squeeze a quarter of lemon to give it a bit of tart taste (if desired), although I did not do that for this particular recipe. What I did was to squeeze some lemon on the dish when I was about to eat the pasta.
Give this Clam and Scallop Pasta with Tomato in Creamy Wine Sauce a try today. Bon appetit!
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 lb. packaged cooked clams
- ¼ lb. bay scallops
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup clam juice
- 15 pieces grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add the shallots. Cook until the shallots get soft
- Stir-in the scallops and tomato and cook for 2 minutes. Add the clams. Continue to cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove the clam, tomato, and scallops from the pan and put in a clean bowl. Leaving the juices in the pan.
- Pour the wine on the pan. Reduce to half.
- Add the whipping cream, Parmesan cheese, and clam juice. Stir and let boil. Cook in medium heat while stirring for 3 minutes.
- Put the scallops, clams, and tomatoes back in the pan. Stir.
- Arrange the prepared spaghetti in a bowl. Pour the sauce over. Toss.
- Top with chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!