Couscous with Tomato Cucumber Feta and Mint Salad was all that it took to satisfy my craving for a healthy and quick meal for lunch. I was lucky to see a box of pearled couscous sitting in the pantry. I knew that I had some grape tomato left after making Caprese pasta salad the other day and I also had the rest of the ingredients necessary to make a quick couscous salad. Wow, I felt like everything was planned to make it happen.
I love how the ingredients for this salad all went together. It was fresh, tasty, and light. It was even more awesome when I paired it with a glass of lemon mint water. Very satisfying!
This recipe is good for 4 persons. Since I am the only one around the house, there were some leftovers in the fridge. I think that this will make a good side for roasted pork loin for dinner.
It will be really great if you can let me know what you think about this recipe. Please tell me what you think about it. Have a wonderful day. Talk to you later.
- 6 ounces pearled couscous
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 pieces grape tomato, sliced in half
- ¼ cup mint, chopped
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1 medium cucumber, cut into small cubs
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Prepare the couscous by boiling the water. Add salt and olive oil. Put the couscous in the pot and then cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the water is absorbed. Drain the excess water. Let it cool down.
- Combine tomato, cucumber, parsley, mint, and lemon juice in a bowl. Toss to mix.
- Add the couscous and Feta. Toss.
- Transfer to a plate or bowl. Serve.