Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a delightful version of grilled cheese sandwich. It is like a crossover of pulled pork sandwich and grilled cheese sandwich, or should I say pulled pork sandwich with grilled cheese.
It is something that will be enjoyed by meat lovers. It is portioned enough for a nice heavy lunch and can go well with your favorite bag of chips on the side. Don’t forget the warm tomato soup.
I usually dip my grilled cheese sandwich in tomato soup, but not this time. I do not want it to fall apart, so I sipped the soup directly from the small bowl. It was fun doing that again.
Here is the recipe for the pulled pork. I thought that it was really good.
Try this Pulled Pork Grilled Cheese Sandwich. Enjoy!
- 4 slices white bread
- ¾ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ lb. pulled pork
- ¼ cup softened butter
- 1 warm bowl of tomato soup
- Spread butter on one side of each sliced bread.
- Heat a wide pan. Place one sliced of bread with butter side facing down.
- Arrange over 2 tablespoons of cheese on top of the sliced bread. Top with a generous amount of pulled pork.
- Place the same amount of cheese over the pulled pork and top with another sliced bread with butter side facing up.
- Once the side of the bread on the pan turns golden brown, carefully flip the sandwich to grill the other side. Gently press against the bread to flatten it a little bit.
- Transfer to a plate when the color of the other side gets golden brown. Do these steps for the other sandwich.
- Serve with a bowl of tomato soup.