Baked Parmesan Garlic Crusted Tilapia is a delicious and light dish that can be served for supper. It goes well with either couscous salad or quinoa. It is also simple and quick to make. In fact, you should be able to make it in less than 20 minutes.
The texture of the fish in this version of Baked Parmesan Garlic Crusted Tilapia is softer compared to other similar dishes because this do not use egg as an ingredient. However, you can still achieve that somewhat crispy and texture by adding a piece of beaten egg. All you need to do to modify step 3 in the recipe below by dipping the tilapia fillets in beaten egg (omit the olive oil) and then dredge it with the crust ingredients. You might also want to increase the baking time by a few minutes.
This recipe also applies to other types of fish. I have done this with Cod and Halibut with awesome results.
Give this simple healthy Baked Parmesan Garlic Crusted Tilapia a try today.
- 2 pieces tilapia fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine all the crust ingredients. Mix well.
- Rub olive oil all over the tilapia and then dredge the tilapia fillets in the crust mixture.
- Arrange the crusted tilapia in a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite side dish.