This Crispy Oven Fried Chicken Wings should be your go to fried chicken recipe when you are craving for a delicious and crispy chicken wings without too much oil. It is also simple and easy to prepare. It makes a good appetizer (just like popcorn chicken) or meal when paired with your favorite side dish.
I used a rub composed of garlic salt, smoked paprika, and ground black pepper to make the chicken tasty. You can simply apply the rub and then cook the chicken right away, or let it stay for a few more minutes so that the chicken can absorb flavors from the rub. If I have extra time, I let the chicken sit with the rub longer for better results.
Note that Crispy Oven Fried Chicken Wings requires quick pan frying in order to partially cook the coating of the chicken. This will make the chicken a bit brown and somewhat crispy. The magic happens inside the oven wherein the chicken gets cooked completely. The result is a delicious oven fried chicken wings with a crispy texture on the outside, while the inside is tender and juicy.
Try this Crispy Oven Fried Chicken Wings Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 ½ lb. chicken wings
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup regular bread crumbs
- ¾ cup cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine the rub ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Rub the chicken wings with the rub mixture.
- Pre-heat oven to 370F
- Start to heat the oil in a small pan.
- Arrange ½ cup all-purpose flour in a wide bowl. On a separate bowl, combine the remaining flour with bread crumbs. Mix well. Arrange both bowls side and place the bowl with beaten egg nearby.
- Dredge the chicken wings in the bowl with flour. Dip it into the beaten egg, and then roll into the bowl with flour and breadcrumb mixture.
- Pan Fry each side in medium heat for 1 minute or until it starts to get light brown.
- Arranged each pan fried chicken wings over a baking tray lined with greased aluminum foil.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Let it cool down.
- Serve with your favorite sides such as couscous salad or even Spam fried rice.