Caprese Pasta Salad is a type of pasta salad that got its inspiration from Caprese Salad, which is a simple Italian salad. Caprese Salad is served as an antipasto, but this version can be brought to the table as a main course.
The good thing about this dish is its ease in preparation. Making it does not involve any complicated steps, which makes it ideal for beginners or for those who are starting to cook.
This recipe makes use of bow pasta. It is also known as Farfalle. Other types of pasta can be used, such as shells and Orecchiette. You can refer to this article that talks about different types of pasta to guide you in your selection.
Caprese pasta salad can be served warm while the cheese is soft and gooey. A glass of Chardonnay is perfect to have with it.
Try this Caprese Pasta Salad Recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 15 to 18 pieces cherry tomato, sliced in half
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 12 ounces fresh Mozzarella cheese, sliced into cubes
- 8 pieces fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package instruction. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan in low to medium heat.
- Add tomato and basil. Cook for 2 to minutes.
- Add the cooked bow pasta. Toss and continue to cook for 1 mimute.
- Put-in the Mozzarella cheese and toss. Add salt to taste.
- Transfer to pasta bowl.