Turkey Bacon and Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich is a good meal to have anytime you crave for one. This simple recipe version will give you a nice and tasty grilled sandwich anytime that you crave for one.
How to Make Turkey Bacon and Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Making Turkey Bacon and Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich is like preparing your regular grilled cheese sandwich, except that you will need to add turkey bacon, tomato, and avocado.
Prepare the turkey bacon as you normally do with regular bacon. Heat a pan. Using non-stick pan will be an advantage because the possibilities for the bacon to stick to the pan is next to none. Put s bit of cooking oil in the pan and then lay one side of the bacon flat. Cook for a couple of minutes in medium heat and then flip the bacon and continue to cook until crispy. Remove the bacon and put in a plate.
Next is to slice the tomato. I think that this is something that you can do yourself. The avocado, on the other hand, will need a little bit of trick. Run a knife around the avocado lengthwise deep enough until the seed is reached. Loosen the avocado by holding the bottom part tight while turning the upper slice clockwise or opposite. Gently separate the avocado sliced and remove the seed. Slice within each half of the avocado and then peel the skin off. Set aside.
Now, prepare the grilled cheese sandwich by spreading the butter on one side of each bread slice. Heat a pan and the lay one slice of the bread flat (butter side down). Put the cheese on top followed by the turkey bacon strips. Top with sliced avocado and tomato. Finish by placing the other bread slice on top (butter side up). Cook until the bread is light to golden brown (1 to 3 minutes in medium heat). Flip the bread using a spatula while holding with your hands to make sure that the sandwich does not fall apart. Continue to cook for a few minutes. That’s it.
- 4 pieces turkey bacon
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- ½ avocado
- ½ medium tomato
- 3 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- Cooking oil spray
- Heat a pan and spray cooking oil.
- Once the oil gets hot, start to fry the turkey bacon in medium heat for 4 minutes. Flip the bacon and continue to cook the other side for another 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the bacon and set aside.
- Slice the tomato and avocado and then spread butter on one side of each bread slices.
- Heat a clean pan. Place one bread butter-side down. Arrange two slices of Mozzarella side-by-side and then add the turkey bacon strips. Place the sliced avocado over the bacon and top with sliced tomatoes. Put the last slice of cheese on top of the tomato and finish with the second bread slice butter-side up.
- Cook in low to medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure to press the top of the bread to make the sandwich compact.
- Using a wide spatula, carefully flip the Turkey Bacon and Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich to cook the other side. Continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from the pan. Slice and serve. Enjoy!